| View from new hostel |
I was a little anxious about leaving what I knew and changing hostels to the other side of town--probably more anxious then when I was leaving home to go to the other side of the world--go figure! Anyway, I'm so glad I did. You can see for yourself the view from right outside my door is incredible. Also, I'm the same distance from WTC and not far from the train station either.
I picked up 2 more days of gift wrapping and must have pleased the boss because he's offered for me to run his chocolate shop the week before father's day--it's September 5 here. I will have to be disciplined not to eat the merchandise but am excited about a full week of work and to be able to share my love of chocolate with each customer!:)I had a group interview this week for a call center job--offering free hearing screenings to anyone receiving a pension--and I got it! Basically it's a government contract that offers free hearing services--screenings, hearing aids, etc. I just call and see if they want to participate and if so schedule their appointments. The managers are very laid back and it seems to be a friendly office environment. That will start after my week of being a chocolate saleswoman.
| Sarah, Martina, and I |
Sarah and Martina are headed off to Bondi Beach for a few days but will be back for the weekend before Martina returns to work and Sarah will stay here in Sydney for a few more months. Looking forward to more fun adventures with these two! I've convinced them to come to New Orleans but we can't decide on a time--I think running with the bulls may be it though! We'll have to wait and see. I have to warn y'all I may be coming home with more of an English accent than an Aussie one being that seems to be who I'm spending my time with--called the elevator a "lift" the other night....I can't help it, I'm outnumbered and easily influenced! haha
That's all for now. It's been a busy few days so looking forward to taking it easy for a bit.
Take care!:)
xoxo
Let me get this straight- you're going to work at a call center offering free HEARING screening, aids, etc and you're going CALL them to see if they want to participate- that's funny stuff!!
ReplyDeleteYou may want to reconsider taking the chocolate job- it's awfully close to your birthday!! Which I know you like to celebrate the week before and the week after!! Take care, so glad you're having a good time!
Your, LA Soul Sista
you have a view of the opera house from your hostel........that is so awesome. eb
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are having the best time!!!! I'm so happy for you! Still can't believe that you, the girl who can't wrap, got a job wrapping!! And now, you're going to work in a chocolate shop!!! You're crazy...........betcha you'll be sick of chocolate before the week is over!!!
ReplyDeleteLoving the posts that you make.
I love the kangaroos! You must get closer! I'll see if Madeline can see these but you know she still wants her BIG one! Great posts! Good luck on all your future adventures with the new jobs!
ReplyDeletePS... Send us some chocolate ;)